Friday, April 20, 2007

The Last Post


For those spotting en route / watching on TV, I'm going to be wearing this !!

Blue baseball hat, sunnies, a red, white, yellow and blue vest with blue shorts. To Janeywifes consternation that I'll be picked out as a pervert by the TV cameras, the front of the shirt says "CUMMER!" and the back says "nic.C."

Link to viewing spots around the course here http://www.london-marathon.co.uk/site/spectators/

Its official that its going to be a hot one, Sundays temperatures are forecast to range between 18 and 23 degrees Celsius / 64-73 Fahrenheit. Dang!
A trip to Excel (Docklands registration) last night yielded my running number and timing chip, as well as a pair of red laces to wear so Flora donate a pound for every runner wearing them.

I went for a gentle amble around the park midweek and although I'm feeling strong, resisted the temptation to unleash the legs and pick up the pace, instead held out a nice gentle pace just to keep the legs warm and fresh.

I'll post next on Monday. From here on in its keeping off legs as much as possible, and eating enough pasta to become Italian.

NC