Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sunday April 1st - 15.5 miles like death warmed up

I meant to go out for a 20 mile run, to break through the wall and to understand what it feels like to be able to complete 20 miles in 3 hours, and feel good at the end of it.

Little chance. As soon as I started out I felt rough. Some days I feel light footed to start off, Sunday I felt as if I were wearing concrete trainers.

I spent yesterday hobbling around the office like an old man afflicted with a particularly bad dose of Rickets. I felt worse yesterday than I've ever felt before, probably because I forgot to swallow two nurofen before work, however I'm convinced that the pain management policy shouldn't have to extend through to the next day.

I'm pinning the blame fairly on jet lag. My bodies still reacquainting itself with London time and UK weather. Its a poor excuse and whilst I'm hiding behind it, I know that I've still got to overcome 20miles and feel good. I've plotted another run on Monday 9th (Easter Monday) with a small run in between and a leg refreshing swim to mix it up.

I've also started placing Google ads on the blog to start making some money in case I have to pay out for a wheel chair post marathon. Please support this by clicking through on a couple. It may cripple me but I am definitely doing this. Easter Monday is being prepared for with plenty of sleep, eating well, no booze and leg massages and stretching a plenty.

By hook or by crook I'm cracking 20miles and feeling good. Time is running out.